Free Meditation Resources
Please note just correcting a mistake in the video. Beta brain wave activity (normal activity) is around 13-40Hz, Alpha brain wave activity is around 7-13Hz and Theta brain wave activity around 4-7 Hz. Meditation enables us to slow down the brain waves from Beta into Alpha states this is a much more receptive,creative and relaxing state.
Quick Check In Meditation (youtube)
The Body Meditation below is based on Eckhart Tolle’s tuning into the inner body. I have used it for a few years with clients and myself and find it very helpful
Sound and Silence meditation
Watching thought Meditation
Resting in awareness meditation
Dealing with Emotion Meditation
Struggling with Children no matter what age meditation, this can also be used if we are struggling with any other person our boss, a friend.
PMT and Menopause meditation or for when we are feeling fragile
Weight loss meditation for before you eat
Weight loss meditation for after you have eaten something you would rather not have eaten
Recommended Reading or YouTube Clips
There are many wonderful Mindfulness teachers. Here are just a few:
- Check out some of the blog posts on this site.
- Eckhart Tolle his book ‘The Power of now’ or any of his books and any clips on you tube especially “The full movie” or “Interview at google with Brad Horrowitz”
- Byron Katie ‘The work’ available from her website. A very useful way to stop projecting onto others and really access your own truth.
- Other teachers if you are just starting mindfulness Jon Kabat Zinn or Mark Williams.
- If you are open to reading about consciousness other valuable teachers are; Isira, Ram Dass, Adyshanti, Gangaji,Richard Rohr, Mooji and probably many others I have missed.
- ‘The Happiness Trap’ by Russ Harris it has some useful information on acceptance based therapy and why it helps.